Workplan for 2017-2018
- Follow‐up on the BOT approved 2016 Personnel Policy - Faculty Section.
- Follow‐up on the issues that the faculty pointed out as being very important ion the survey they undertook last year.
- Work with the CD to develop a reference document on shared governance and follow up with all concerned parties on the spread of the culture of shared governance across all components of the university community.
- Maintain and develop channels of communications by holding regular meetings with the different administrative councils and through inviting informed guests to the Senate meetings.
- Update the 2007 constitution and bylaws of Senate.
- Assess and improve performance of the Senate by holding bimonthly meetings to assess the performance of the senate and recommend improvement measures.
- Keep the Faculty abreast of all Senate discussions and functions through the Senators representing the departments and schools.
- Follow‐up on faculty issues not resolved by the previous Senates.