Workplan for 2016-2017
- Follow-up on the BOT approved 2016 Personnel Policy
- Survey faculty to identify and prioritize faculty issues
- Assess and improve performance of the Senate
by holding bimonthly meetings to assess Senate’s performance and recommend improvement measures.
- Maintain and develop channels of communications
by holding regular meetings with the different administrative councils and inviting informed guests to the Senate meetings.
- Monitor and enhance shared governance across the University
by taking an active role in the pertinent councils and committees and making sure all entities have vouched to support the culture of shared governance.
- Update the 2007 Senate constitution and bylaws
- Follow up on faculty issues not resolved by the previous Senate
- Improve Senate’s presence on the web
by introducing changes to make the senate website more user-friendly, informative and interactive.